:: 한국기독교장로회총회 ::

<모래 위의 발자국> ‘풀 버전’

신솔문 (전북동노회,임실전원교회,목사) 2018-03-02 (금) 12:49 6년전 2574  

힘든 시기에 해당되는 발자국이 하나뿐이라서

주님께서 버리신 줄 알고 서운했는데

그때는 주님께서 나를 업고 걸으신 것이라는

옛 버전을 모르시는 분은 없을 겁니다.

작년에 프랑크푸르트공항 기도실에 비치된 전도지를 보니

이 시를 쓴 분이 Margaret Fishback Powers로 나오더군요.

KakaoTalk_20180302_123656750.jpg

DSC05883.JPG

하지만 이 분 글도 오리지날은 아닌 듯합니다.

오랜 세월동안 조금씩 성장해온 이야기로 보고되고 있습니다.

그렇기 때문에 풀 버전은 원래 존재하지 않았습니다.

풀 버전이라고 할 수 있는 것은

1990년에 나옵니다(Mark Littleton).

모레위의 발자국 새버전.JPG

발자국이 하나인 이유는 주님이 업고 가셔서 그렇다는 것은 이미 알고 계시죠?

(주님이 동행하셨으나 물 위를 걸으셔서 그렇다는 위트도 있습니다. ^^)

이 풀 버전에는 크게 세 가지 경우가 추가되어 있습니다.

첫 번째, 주님의 발자국은 고른데, 자신의 발자국은 한마디로 무질서합니다. 지그재그로 걷다가, 가다 서다를 반복하고 선회를 하다가 뱅뱅 돌며, 멀리 떨어졌다가 다시 다가오기도 합니다. 막 신앙생활을 시작하며 주님의 스텝에 조율해가는 시기입니다. 폭풍의 시련 속에서 헤매는 시기라고 할 수도 있고요.

두 번째, 발자국이 하나인 때입니다. 업고 계셔서가 아니고, 정확히는 두 개입니다. 주님의 발자국 속으로 자신의 발을 딛기 때문에 하나로 보일 뿐입니다. 충실히 주님을 따르는 시기입니다.

세 번째, 다시 두 개의 발자국이 나타납니다. 첫 번째에서는 주님의 발자국이 안정적이었으나 세 번째에서는 주님의 발자국도 지그재그이고 뒤로 후퇴하기도 하며 모래가 깊이 파일 정도의 격한 움직임을 보입니다. 첫 번째 발자국보다 훨씬 안 좋아 보여 발자국 주인이 걱정스럽게 이유를 물으니 주님께서 이렇게 말씀하시죠.

모르겠니? 우리가 함께 춤추던 때란다

신앙생활을 주님과 춤을 추는 것으로 비유하는 것, 오래 전부터 애용하고 있습니다만, 이 이야기 속에서 이 비유를 보니 아주 인상적입니다.

신앙의 길,

가급적 주님께 업혀가지 마시고

주님과 춤추며 가시길 소망합니다.

어쩌면 업혀 가는 것도 춤일지도 모르겠습니다.

매우 수동적인.

[참고]

발자국 네 가지 유형 각각에 해당하는 성경 이야기를 배치하면

훌륭한 '삼대지 설교'가 준비되겠다는 생각이 듭니다.

(업혀 가는 것 포함해서 4가지 유형입니다.

아래 영문 속의 두 번째와 세 번째는 한 유형으로 볼 수 있습니다).

시도하시는 분을 위해

영문 제공합니다(캡처 사진 글자가 작아서요)

Imagine you and the Lord Jesus walking down the road together. For much of the way, the Lord's footprints go along steadily, consistently, rarely varying the pace. But your prints are a disorganized stream of zigzags, starts, stops, turnarounds, circles, departures and returns. For much of the way it seems to go like this. But gradually, your footprints come more in line with the Lord's, soon paralleling His consistently. You and Jesus are walking as true friends.

This seems perfect, but then an interesting thing happens: your footprints that once etched the sand next to the Master's are now walking precisely in His steps. Inside His larger footprints is the small 'sand print', safely enclosed. You and Jesus are becoming one.

This goes on for many miles. But gradually you notice another change. The footprint inside the larger footprint seems to grow larger. Eventually it disappears altogether. There is only one set of footprints. They have become one.

Again, this goes on for a long time. But then something awful happens. The second set of footprints is back. And this time it seems even worse. Zigzags all over the place. Stops. Starts. Deep gashes in the sand. A veritable mess of prints. You're amazed and shocked. But this is the end of your dream.

Now you speak. "Lord, I understand the first scene with the zigzags and fits and starts and so on. I was a new Christian, just learning. But You walked on through the storm and helped me learn to walk with you."

"That is correct."

"Yes, and when the smaller footprints were inside of Yours, I was actually learning to walk in Your steps. I followed You very closely."

"Very good. You have understood everything so far."

"Then the smaller footprints grew and eventually filled in with Yours. I suppose that I was actually growing so much that I was becoming like you in every way."

"Precisely."

"But this is my question. Lord.. Was there a regression or something? The footprints went back to two, and this time it was worse than the first."

The Lord smiles, then laughs. "You didn't know?"

He says. "That was when we danced."

By Mark Littleton
© 1990

hi
이전글  다음글  목록 글쓰기

츲ҺڻȰ ⵵ ȸ ѱ⵶ȸȸȸ ()ظ ѽŴѵȸ μȸڿȸ ȸ б ѽŴб ûȸȸ ŵȸ ŵȸ ȸÿ ѱ⵶ȸȸͽп